"Best in the Appalachian region!"
Forest Management | Timber Appraisals | Timber Sales | Harvest Planning | And Much More...
We'll help you get the most money out of your standing timber.
Holstine Forestry Consulting is the leading full-service forestry and natural resource consulting firm in the Appalachian Region. Owner, John Holstine, has over 30 years of experience as a professional procurement forester in the forest products industry and provides forestry services throughout the Central Appalachian Region including West Virginia and surrounding states.
Let Our Experience Work For You.
Professional Consulting Services
Precision | Punctuality | Commitment to Excellence
Whether you are a timberland owner who has been contemplating the sale of your standing timber or you are dealing with a timber trespass issue, you can use some sound advice from an experienced professional forester. Holstine Forestry Consulting is dedicated to meeting your forestry needs. Click on the "Contact Us" tab where you can send an email or give us a call.
What Sets Us Apart
Holstine Forestry brings a level of knowledge and insight that is unparalleled. We are committed to staying at the forefront of forestry practices, ensuring that you benefit from the latest innovations and sustainable techniques.
Holstine Forestry Consulting is committed to responsible and sustainable forestry. We believe in protecting our forests for future generations while maximizing the value of your natural resources. Our sustainable practices not only benefit your bottom line but also contribute to the long-term health of our environment.
We specialize in the Central Appalachian Region, and our deep understanding of the area's unique ecosystems, regulations, and industry trends sets us apart. We are knowledgeable on the local terrain, understand the challenges, and can tailor solutions to meet your specific needs.
Our track record speaks for itself. Over the years, we've helped numerous clients achieve their natural resource management goals. Whether it's timber sales, forest management, or timber damage appraisals, our results-driven approach consistently delivers results.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. We maintain open lines of communication, provide transparent reporting, and work closely with you throughout every stage of your project. We're here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and ensure you're informed and confident in the decisions we make together.
We take the time to listen to your goals and objectives. Our consulting services are tailored to your unique needs, ensuring that you receive customized solutions that align with your vision and goals.
To provide superior and environmentally sound forest management services to our clients by presenting them with honest advice and reliable information, and to supervise all aspects of forestry operations until complete while ensuring the best workmanship possible.
Your Goals Are Our Priority.
Contracting with a lasting impact
Our clients are our number one priority; and we'll go the extra mile to make sure they’re completely satisfied with our work. Do you have a specific project that requires professional attention? Our services are designed to tackle even the most complex projects. Call us today to discover how we can help.
Long-term Land Management
- Land Management of large tracts, including the preparation and implementation of forest management plans and managing leases.
- to get you the most out of your forest resource while utilizing sound forest management practices.
- to verify contract & BMP compliance.
- to determine the volume of your timber resource by size and species.
- to determine the value of your timber resource by utilizing current market indicators.
- from timber theft, mining/oil & gas extraction, or natural disasters.
- to ensure the most environmentally sound timber harvesting practices.
Absentee Landowner Representation
- to provide a level of security and monitoring of your property in your absence. We can effectively manage your leases and monitor all activities on your property.
Boundary Line Maintenance
- "Good fences make good neighbors". . . so do well maintained property lines. Holstine Forestry Consulting knows that maintaining property lines and boundaries is one of the most often overlooked forms of protection from timber theft, trespass and encroachment.
Hunting Lease Management
- to maximize the income potential from one of the largest potential sources of non-timber income for forestland owners. Trust Holstine Forestry Consulting to handle the complete process, from marketing to administration of your hunting lease.
Marketing Forest Products
- from sawlogs to veneer logs, from low-grade wood to pulpwood, let Holstine Forestry Consulting market your valuable forest products. With over nineteen years in the forest products industry buying these forest products, Holstine Forestry Consulting KNOWS how to get you the most money for your forest resources.
Because if you want it done right experience is everything
M.B.A., University of Charleston, Charleston, WV
B.S., Natural Resource Management, Glenville State College, Glenville, WV
A.S., Forestry, Glenville State College, Glenville, WV
Professional Activities and Interests
Past President, West Virginia Forestry Association
Advisory Committee Member, Glenville State College, Division of Land Resources
Member, Society of American Foresters, West Virginia Chapter
WV Registered Forester # 709
Certified Tree Farmer certified by the American Tree Farm System
Part-time farmer and family farm owner
West Virginia Real-Estate Licensed
I have over 30 years of experience as a professional procurement forester in the forest products industry working in West Virginia and surrounding states. Throughout that time, I have gained comprehensive experience in evaluating and purchasing standing timber, purchasing logs, managing a log yard, supervising logging contractors, marketing hardwood logs to sawmills and veneer buyers, negotiating timber contracts and right-of-ways with landowners, planning and directing harvesting activities on stumpage tracts, sometimes in conjunction with oil, gas, and coal extraction activities, planning and initiating reclamation activities and implementing value-added property improvements.
As a professional forester and natural resource manager, not only will I maximize your timber profits, but I will strive to meet your goals whether you want to manage your property for timber production, hunting or wildlife preservation, or convert your property for other land uses such as agricultural activities, mineral extraction, and commercial & residential development. Let our expertise work for you.
What Our Clients Say
I've been contemplating selling my timber for years, but I had no idea who to contact, until I found Holstine Forestry Consulting. I even got more money than I expected and can start remodeling my home now. Thanks John!
If you're looking for a reliable, trustworthy forester, I highly recommend Holstine Forestry Consulting. You won't be disappointed!
John really made the entire process smooth for us. We had no idea where to start, and we're so thankful we found Holstine Forestry Consulting. Our next family vacation is going to be a great one. Thanks again!
John provided me with tailored solutions that exceeded my expectations. He's the best in the Appalachian region!
Fill out your information below to get in touch with us. We will respond in the order in which your message was received.
Want an immediate response? Give us a call:
Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
C: (304) 989-4463 or W: (304) 925-3785